The search has ended for a missing 16-year-old who was swimming near Matagorda Bay.
According to a press release, watchstanders in the Houston-Galveston area were alerted of the body’s recovery at about 6 pm.
The search has been going on since Sunday when the boy went missing while swimming with friends.
Here are all the people who helped with the search:
- An Air Station Houston MH-65 Dolphin helicopter aircrew
- A Sector/Air Station Corpus Christi MH-65 Dolphin helicopter aircrew
- A Sector/Air Station Corpus Christi HC-144 Ocean Sentry aircrew
- A Station Freeport 45-foot Response Boat–Medium boat crew
- A Station Port O’Connor 45-foot Response Boat–Medium boat crew
- A Sector Houston-Galveston drone team
- Coast Guard Cutter Sea Horse
- Coast Guard Cutter Stingray
- Matagorda Sheriff’s Office
- Texas Parks and Wildlife