The man who police say admitted beating two family members to death and critically injuring a third said he was guilty this afternoon.
"I did it," Mohammed Sahi said in English, despite his primary language being Punjabi. "Whatever they're charging me with is correct."
Sahi, 72, appeared in the 105th District Court, where he communicated with Judge Jack Pulcher through a translator.
Sahi is charged with one count of capital murder of multiple persons and one count of aggravated assault of a family member.
Pulcher advised him not to say anything, and to talk to his court-appointed attorneys, David Kline and Luis Garcia, first.
Sahi's admission is not admissible in court.
He was arrested Thursday after police found the bodies of his 47-year-old daughter and his 18-year-old grandson inside a home on Denain Drive in the Kings Crossing neighborhood.
The third victim, a 21-year-old grandson, also was found inside the home.
Sahi told police he had beaten them all with a stick, but so far no motive has been given.
Sahi's bond is set at $2.75 million.
Pulcher set a status hearing for Sahi in December in which the state will announce whether or not it will seek the death penalty.