NewsLocal News

Actions

Electrical fire damages home

Firefighters say an overloaded outlet is to blame for a house fire.
House Fire On Topeka St.jpeg
House Fire on Topeka Street.jpeg
Posted at 5:06 PM, Feb 18, 2021
and last updated 2021-02-18 18:06:12-05

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — An electrical problem is being blamed for a house fire.

It happened Thursday morning at a home located on the 3200 block of Topeka Street near Alameda.

Firefighters say the owner heard something fall when she got up to check on the noise, she smelled fire and saw flames in the living room. She and her boyfriend were able to make it out safely.

Firefighter says when the home owner plugged in a space heater it tripped the outlet.

According to firefighters, the overload on the wiring caused the outlet to overheat which led to the fire.

The fire caused extensive damage to the home.