A man doing yard work this morning had to be rushed to Bay Area Hospital after being stung by bees.
Around 9:45 a.m., a man hired to do yard work, was piloting a riding lawnmower behind the Moravian Hall on the 5600 block of Kostoryz Road when he startled some bees in the roof of the building’s back porch.
The owners of the hall were eating at a nearby restaurant when they saw the man running from the bees. They say he was stung about 30 times.
Vector Control believes they are honey bees but are not sure of their origin.
The group that runs the hall had to call a pest control business to take care of the bees.