FREESunday afternoon starting seeds in our hoop house and direct sowing seeds in prepared beds. Come on out and gets some hands in the dirt learning with experienced growers in an urban community garden in zone 9B.
Posted by GROW Local South Texas on Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Not everyone has a green thumb, but hands-on planting experience can help even the most amateur of gardeners.
The event is free and open to anyone interested in getting some experienced training on urban community gardening in zone 9B.
Every plant has its season, so here is the planting schedule according to their Facebook event:
- Beans: Mid February – Early April
- Carrots: January – Mid February
- Chard: Mid February – Early May
- Broccoli/Kale/Spinach: January – Early March
- Squash (Summer & Winter): Mid February – Mid April
- Radishes/White Turnips*: Mid February – Early April
- Melons: Late February – Late April
- Okra: March – Late July
- Pumpkin: Mid March-Mid May
- Cucumber: Mid February – Early April
- Corn: Mid February – Mid March
Don’t miss out on this fantastic growth opportunity.