“My little boys ran and yelled there’s a fire and I got up you could see the smoke already,” said Vanessa Davis.
At 6 am on Saturday morning, Davis and her family were sleeping when she says flames began to take over her home.
“We had like a big ole cup and I asked my husband to take the top off and I went to the bathtub to get water and tried putting it on there and he tried putting a blanket there to try and shut it off but it wasn’t working so after that we just ran,” said Davis.
Davis’s husband, five children and grandmother all managed to get out uninjured, but now the family has the aftermath to deal with
“We’re running back and forth and not knowing what to do,” said Davis.
She says the house was not insured, and now her family is living in a hotel all while her husband is still working and her kids are trying not to miss a day of school
“They don’t understand, and going to school and not having a backpack or just not having a home,” said Davis.