CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — At least two Corpus Christi families are now without homes after a fire broke out at the Sterling Apartments Monday morning.
Corpus Christi firefighters were called to the apartment complex on Airline near Alameda around 8:30 a.m.
When fire crews got there, fire was seen coming through the roof of one of the apartment units. The fire was put out within minutes, and no one was hurt.
Corpus Christi Fire Department Battalion Chief Jim DeVisser tells KRIS 6 News that one of the units affected by the fire is a total loss while another unit has water and smoke damage.
The fire appears to have been caused by an A.C. malfunction.