INGLESIDE, Texas — Administrators with Ingleside ISD have decided to suspend high school boys' basketball until further notice because of COVID-19 concerns. The suspension takes place immediately, which means no hoops Friday night.
The school system made the decision after learning of a few pending COVID-19 tests in the program. According to administrators, this is what they currently know:
- Ingleside High School has pending COVID-19 results
- Pending test results will determine the extent of contract tracing that needs to be completed
- Ingleside ISD will inform the boys' basketball program of next steps once they receive more information
- There will be no boys' basketball taking place on campus until further notice
- This only effects boys' basketball programs (freshmen, sub-varsity, and varsity)
School officials said the maintenance team has been doing a thorough, deep cleaning since classes ended.
According to the superintendent, all students and staff that are not in quarantine will return for classes Monday and continue as scheduled.