The City of Corpus Christi is reminding residents with delinquent utility accounts that they have until the end of this month to pay or make arrangements.
Last summer, the City stopped disconnections after finding issues with equipment used to provide billing information for utility services including water, wastewater, gas, garbage, and street fees. Thousands of customers had been either overcharged or never received a bill for some months.
After fixing the problems with the equipment, the City scheduled a deadline of May 31 for outstanding accountholders to make payments. During the month of May, the City extended the deadline to June 30. Utilities will be shut off for anyone with nonpayments unless an arrangement has been made.
Payments may be made as follows:
· H-E-B Store locations in Corpus Christi
· Mail – using the provided envelope with return stub, send to:
o Address: City of Corpus Christi
PO Box 659880
San Antonio, Texas 78265-9143
· Online bill pay service available via your bank or credit union
· Interactive phone payment system (361) 885-0751
· Online Payment Portal: https://ccpay.cctexas.com/IPSUB/PortalAccount/Login [ccpay.cctexas.com]
o Be sure to have your account number which can be found on your statement to pay your bill.
· In person at City Hall, 1201 Leopard Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (1st floor)
For information regarding your utility bill, contact the Customer Call Center at (361) 826-CITY (2489) or by email at UBOResolutions@cctexas.com.