The City of Corpus Christi has set its schedule for holiday closures with Thanksgiving Day holiday approaching.
Most City of Corpus Christi offices including City Hall, public libraries, animal care services and Municipal Court will be closed on Thanksgiving Day and Nov. 23.
Solid Waste Services:
- Garbage Collection: Thursday routes for next week will be collected on Nov. 24. Mon. /Tues. /Wed. /Fri. routes will have no change in collection.
- Recycling Collection: Thursday routes will be collected on Nov. 24. Mon./Tues./Wed./ Fri. Routes will have no change in collection.
- Brush & Bulky: WILL NOT BE COLLECTED on Thanksgiving Day and the day afterwards.
- Landfill: The J.C. Elliot Citizens Collection Center WILL BE CLOSED on Thanksgiving Day, but will be open the day afterwards.
Animal Care Services:
- CLOSED: Thanksgiving Day and the day afterwards.
- OPEN: Nov. 24 from 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. for adoptions and kennel viewing for lost pets.
- All public library branches will close at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
- All branches are closed on Thanksgiving and Nov. 23.
- All library branches will resume regular operating hours on Nov. 24.
- The Neyland Public Library will be closed on Nov. 25.
Parks and Recreation:
The following schedule will be observed for City Parks and Recreation facilities and programs during the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Lozano Golf Center will be open Thanksgiving Day from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. It will also be open from 6 a.m. to dusk on Nov. 23.
- Oso Golf Course will be open Thanksgiving Day from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Nov. 23 from 6 a.m. to dusk.
- HEB Tennis Center is open 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday and will be closed on Thanksgiving Day. It will open from noon to 8 p.m. on Nov. 23, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 24 and noon until 5 p.m. on Nov. 25.
- Al Kruse Tennis is open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday and will be closed on Thanksgiving Day. It is open from noon until 8 p.m. Nov. 23 and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Nov. 24 and 25.
- Collier Pool will be open Wednesday from 5 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Corpus Christi Natatorium will be open Wednesday from 5:00 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. It will be closed on Thanksgiving Day an open from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Nov. 23. It will be open for normal business hours afterwards.
- Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve & Learning Center
- The walking trails and playground will be open daily from dawn to dusk, but closed on Thanksgiving Day and Nov. 23.
- The Learning Center will open Nov. 24 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and closed on Nov. 25.
- The Galvan House will be closed Thanksgiving Day through Nov. 25.
- Corpus Christi and Ben Garza Gym: CLOSED Thanksgiving Day through Nov. 25.
- Latchkey Office: CLOSED Thanksgiving Day through Nov. 25.
- Recreation Centers: CLOSED Thanksgiving Day through Nov. 25.
- Closed Thanksgiving Day through Nov. 25.