Active and retired military personnel will receive a chance to dine free at many Corpus Christi-area restaurants to thank them for their services.
Veterans Day is on Sunday. It marks the 100th anniversary since the end of World War I. It was originally known as Armistice Day when it started 1919. President Dwight Eisenhower helped change the name to Veterans Day in 1954.
It’s become a tradition for many restaurants to provide free food for veterans on Nov. 11. And in some cases, the promotion will be held the following day.
After checking with the great website veteransadvantage.com , here are some offers from national and local restaurants over the weekend.
- Applebee’s – When you show your ID card, Applebee’s offers veterans and active duty military a free meal from a special menu on Veterans Day.
- BJ’s Restaurant and Brewhouse – A free entree valued up to $12.95 and free Dr Pepper will be available on Veterans Day.
- Buffalo Wild Wings – Their “Wings for Heroes” will provide a free small order of wings with a side of fries.
- Chili’s – Chili’s is offering a free special menu to veterans and active duty personnel on Veterans Day with valid ID. The menu includes Chili’s Chicken Crispers, Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadillas, Oldtimer with Cheese, Classic Bacon Burger, Chili or their Soup & Salad.
- Cracker Barrel – When you show your military ID at any Cracker Barrel nationwide, you’ll receive a free Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola Cake dessert or a Crafted Coffee.
- Dunkin Donuts – At participating locations, simply show your military ID for a free doughnut while supplies last.
- Golden Corral – On Monday, Nov. 12, Golden Corral is offering a free sit-in dinner from 5 p.m.- 9 p.m. at all Golden Corral locations.
- Grub Burger Bar – Bring your military ID with you to a participating Grub Burger Bar for a free burger on Veterans Day.
- IHOP – Free red, white, and blue pancakes with blueberries, strawberries, and whipped cream will be given away from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday to veterans.
- Little Caesar’s Pizza – Grab your free pizza or $5 HOT-N-READY Lunch Combo on Veterans Day.
- Logan’s Roadhouse – A free meal from its American Roadhouse Meals select menus will be offered to all veterans from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Veterans Day.
- Olive Garden – Choose from 6 popular entrees from Olive Garden’s menu for free on Veterans Day.
- On the Border – Choose two or three favorites to make a free create-your-own-combo meal with rice and beans, plus chips & salsa.
- Outback Steakhouse – “Military Mates” and their families can get a free bloomin’ onion and drink on Veterans Day.
- Red Lobster – Get a free appetizer or dessert on November 10th or 11th.
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill – Active-duty military and veterans receive a free Mom’s Ricotta Meatballs and Spaghetti entrée for free on Veterans Day.
- Texas Roadhouse – A free lunch will be offered to veterans and active military from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Veterans Day. All active, retired and former U.S. military can choose from 10 entrees on a special Veterans Day menu. Proof of service documents include discharge papters or military or VA card.
- TGI Fridays – Get a free lunch menu item up to $12 from 11 a.–2 p.m. on Veterans Day and Monday. Guests will also receive a $5 coupon for their next meal at Fridays. Offer for dine-in only.
- Twin Peaks – A free meal will be offered for all military personnel from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Monday Nov. 12 from a select menu.
- Wienerschnitzel – A free meal of a chili dog, small fries and a 20-ounce drink will be offered to all active military and veterans on Veterans Day. Guests must present valid military or veteran ID card or wear a military uniform.