The approaching storm will affect many elements of life across the Coastal Bend on Friday.
Please monitor this page as we will compile an updated list as we learn of more closures throughout Friday morning.
Here are the events we currently have been notified about:
Texas A&M-Kingsville, classes will not be held on Friday.
LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICTS:
Corpus Christi Independent School District will be operating on a two-hour delay. Elementary students are to report at 9:50 a.m. and middle school and high school students at 10:50 a.m. District employees are expected to report to their jobs two hours later than normal.
- All schools for the diocese of Corpus Christi will be closed on Friday.
- Alice Independent School District, classes will not be held on Friday.
- Aransas Pass Independent School District, classes will not be held on Friday.
- Flour Bluff Independent School District classes will not be held on Friday.
- Kingsville Independent School District, classes will not be held on Friday.
- Riviera Independent School District, classes will not be held on Friday.
- Tuloso Midway Independent School District, classes will not be held on Friday.
- West Oso Independent School District will operate with early release. PK-5th grade will be released at 2:15 p.m. and 6th through 12th grade will be released at 2:45 p.m.
- Odem-Edroy ISD to release students two hours early. Pre-K release 11:15 a.m. K-12 release 12:30 p.m.
Other schools that will be affected by the weather include:
- Cesar Chavez Academy, classes will not be held on Friday.
- First Christian Church day school will be closed on Friday.
- Grace Temple Christian Academy, classes will not be held on Friday.
- Incarnate Word Academy, classes to begin at 10 a.m. Faculty and Staff report at 9:30 a.m.
- Jewish Community Preschool will be closed on Friday.
- Dr. Maria Luisa Garza-Gonzalez Charter School to operate on a two-hour delay. Classes to begin at 10 a.m. staff report at 9:45 a.m.
- The Nueces County Juvenile Justice Alternative Education Program (JJAEP) will operate on a two-hour weather delay. School will begin at 10 a.m. on Friday.
- Promesa College Prep-West Corpus Christi will operate on a two-hour delay. Classes begin at 9:50 a.m.
- The Richard Milburn Academy will operate on a delayed schedule. Classes will begin at 10:50 a.m.
- School of Science and Technology will operate on a two-hour delay. Elementary classes to begin at 9:30 a.m. staff report at 9 a.m. Middle and High School classes to begin at 9:45 a.m. staff report at 9:15 a.m.
COASTAL BEND EVENTS:
Conquer the Coast bicycle race, canceled.
Art Museum of South Texas’ Dollar After Dark has been canceled for Friday. AMST will resume normal schedule on Saturday.
CITY OF CORPUS CHRISTI:
- The City of Corpus Christi Emergency Operations Center will be partially activated starting Thursday night to monitor and deploy as needed for potential flooding.
- The Customer Call Center will be on 24-hour operations beginning today until 6 p.m. Friday for flooding related utility services.
- Trash and recycling will operated normally, including the J.C. Elliott Collection Center from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on both Friday and Saturday.
- Trash collection for streets that experience flooding should delay garbage set-out until Saturday. If street flooding continues, call the Corpus Christi customer call center at 826-2489 (CITY) on Monday to schedule a pick-up.
- Sandbag distribution events will continue. Closure will occur only in the event of lightning. The sandbag Saturday event is from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Paul Jones Sports Complex, 1901 Paul Jones Ave.
- Utilities will maintain 24/7 operations to address service issues, blocked storm drains and emergency utility repairs as needed.
- Sandbag Saturday at the Paul Jones Sports Complex has been canceled.
City facility closures
- Senior centers will be closed.
- Recreation centers will be closed.
- Gymnasiums and public pools will be closed.
- Public libraries will be closed on both Friday and Saturday.
- Doggie dip is cancelled for Saturday at West Guth Pool.
- Galvan House closed.
- H-E-B and Al Kruse tennis centers closed.
- Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve & Learning Center closed.
CORPUS CHRISTI ISD
- CCISD’s Operation K.E.Y.S. Walk, scheduled for Saturday at Moody High School, has been canceled.
COASTAL BEND and PORT OF CORPUS CHRISTI FORUM
- The event, scheduled for Friday, has been canceled and will be rescheduled later.
- The event, scheduled for Saturday at Sherrill Park, has been canceled. It has been rescheduled to coincide with the Gold Star Mothers ceremony on Sept. 29 at Sherrill Park.
CITY OF KINGSVILLE CLOSURES
- The Trash-Off event scheduled for Saturday has been postponed and will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Ribbon cutting for the city’s new Splash Pad at Flores Park scheduled for Wednesday and will be rescheduled.
FLOUR BLUFF CLOSURES
- Flour Bluff Community Outreach Center GED classes canceled Friday and Saturday.