Corpus Christi Police have arrested a local man on charges of possessing child pornography and abusing children.
According to CCPD , 43-year-old Mario Moreno is charged with Continuous Sexual Abuse of a Child, a 1st degree felony, and Possession or Promotion of Child Pornography, a 2nd degree felony.
Police say the children were under the age of 14.
According to police, the investigation in Moreno’s alleged crimes is ongoing, and they believe there is a possibility of additional victims who have not yet come forward.
Police ask anyone with information regarding this case to contact lead investigator, Senior Officer Michael Ilse at 361-826-2995.
Authorities are also asking parents to speak with their children about internet safety by:
- Creating and setting clear rules for children and enforcing those rules.
- Knowing about privacy settings and ensuring that your child uses them.
- Speaking to your child about the dangers of befriending those that they do not know.
- Contacting law enforcement if a child reports being solicited, threatened, stalked, or if a person requests to meet the child in person.
- Ensuring children do not give out personal information about themselves, whether it be identifying information or personality traits.