CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – The Buc Days Illuminated Night Parade is this Saturday and the City is prepping for big crowds. CCPD will be ready to keep the peace but they want you to know some Do’s and Don’ts for this Saturday.
If you plan on watching the parade from the sidewalks along Leopard Street"
- People are not permitted to camp along the route before 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 4.
- You can rent portable toilets and place them on City property along the parade route; they just can’t block the sidewalk, public right of way, or other’s access to the parade route.
- You absolutely are not allowed to use spray paint to mark your spots along the parade route.
You should use chalk or a non-permanent marker.
If you mark spots with tape, the City asks the material be pulled up and placed in trash bags before the parade begins.
- No “poppers” or other noise makers or silly string is allowed along the parade route.
- You’ll have to bag your trash before leaving and remove any large items brought to the parade route that means items like barbeque pits, chairs, and coolers.
Volunteers will hand out free trash bags along the parade route and after the parade, Solid Waste Operations’ crews will pick up the bags.
*Consumption of alcohol is only allowed Saturday, May 5, from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. during the parade, along the parade route. Police ask spectators to please drink responsibly so the parade is enjoyable for everyone. Officers will keep an eye out for incidents of public intoxication, including people who are drunk and disorderly.
Sidewalks that are closed currently within the Harbor Bridge work zone along Leopard Street between North Brownlee Boulevard and Antelope Street will be lifted during the May 5th Buc Days Illuminated Night Parade. Additional areas adjacent and outside of the sidewalk will be designated as the project work zone and will be closed to the public. Prohibited areas will be marked with orange barricade fencing and “No Trespassing” signs. For the safety of all parade attendees, camping will not be permitted in this area.
Everyone is encouraged to obey warnings and to stay out of the designated construction zone areas. Police will be patrolling the area and issuing citations for trespassing in the prohibited construction zone.