Long term traffic changes are coming to Interstate 37 as part of construction related to the Harbor Bridge Project.
The northbound and southbound main lanes of IH 37 will be reduced from three lanes to two lanes between Buddy Lawrence Drive and Crosstown Expressway.
The lane reductions, which will include IH 37 southbound traffic shifting to IH 37 northbound main lanes, will go into effect May 7, 2018 and will last until April 2019.
Various short-term closures will be in effect in preparation for the long-term lane reductions and traffic shift. A detailed listing of traffic impacts is included below.
- Beginning April 30, 2018 to May 7, 2018 various daily and nightly lane closures on IH 37 will take place between Buddy Lawrence Drive and State Highway 286 (Crosstown Expressway) in preparation for the long-term lane reductions and traffic shift listed below.
Long-Term Lane Reductions/Traffic Shift
- Beginning May 7, 2018 to April 2019 the following lane reductions and traffic shift will be in effect:
- IH 37 northbound lane reductions will begin at State Highway 286 (Crosstown Expressway) and continue to Buddy Lawrence Drive. Lanes will be reduced from three lanes to two lanes.
- IH 37 southbound lane reductions will begin at Buddy Lawrence Drive and continue to Crosstown Expressway. Lanes will be reduced from three lanes to two lanes.
- IH 37 southbound traffic shifts to IH 37 northbound main lanes.
All work will take place in the western end of the project work zone and will not affect traffic on the Harbor Bridge. All work is weather permitting.
Motorists are urged to be aware of the lane closures, to consider using alternate routes, to follow all traffic control devices, and to slow down in the work zones.
For information about all current and upcoming lane closures related to the Harbor Bridge Project, visit www.harborbridgeproject.com .