Early morning fire in Sinton home

Posted at 6:23 AM, Apr 23, 2018
and last updated 2018-04-23 07:23:49-04

Firefighters battled an early morning house fire in Sinton.

The home caught fire sometime just before 4 Monday morning.

It is located in the 500 block of W. George St., near the Sinton Independent School District Administration Building, and the Family Dollar.

The fire happened in the vacant portion of a duplex.

The person who lived in the other portion of the duplex woke up to the fire, and called police.

Multiple departments responded, including Sinton EMS, as well as crews from Taft and Odem.

The fire is now out.

A cause is not immediately clear.

This is a developing situation.