CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — It's a great time to check out all of the entertaining events across the Coastal Bend this weekend.
Here are a few of the more notable events.
- The holiday celebrations continue with Christmas on the Coast at the Portland Community Center Friday. The event features a 60-foot ferris wheel, live music, an ice rink and food trucks. Entry is free. It runs Friday and Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Sunday from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- You can take your dog to the Third Annual Pup Crawl, pints with pups on the patio at Nueces Brewing Company Friday. It will kick off at 6:00 p.m., then head to Executive Surf Club, and will end at the Bus.
- Or you can head to the USS Lexington from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday for festivities, starting with breakfast with Santa, story time with Mr. Kippy, followed by movie time in the mega theater for a screening of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.” Tickets are $25.
- Deck the dance halls because singer Kevin Fowler is back at Brewster’s Street Ice House Downtown Saturday. Doors open at 8:00 p.m. with the show kicking off at 9:00 p.m. General admissiontickets are $25.
- The Third Annual Coastal Christmas returns from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday at the American Bank Center. Bring out the whole family to enjoy the winter wonderland with indoor ice skating, family photo opportunities, holiday refreshments and more. Tickets are $12. The event will run every day through Dec. 24.