17 local schools honored as 'America’s Healthiest Schools'
You're more likely to forget your healthy eating habits when dining out with others.
Seventeen Corpus Christi schools named to the 2017 list of America's Healthiest Schools by the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, will be honored in San Antonio at the "Texas Healthiest Schools Summit" on Friday.
A total of 64 Texas schools-more than any other state-made the annual list of the nation's 323 healthiest schools. At the Texas Healthiest Schools Summit, schools will receive the Alliance's National Healthy Schools Award at the Bronze, Silver or Gold level.
William B. Travis Elementary will receive the National Healthy Schools Gold Award-one of only 10 schools in the country to receive this level of distinction.
The complete list of Corpus Christi schools to be recognized includes:
· Club Estates Elementary School, Bronze
· Cullen Place Middle School, Bronze
· David Crockett Elementary School, Bronze
· Foy H. Moody High School, Bronze
· J. A. Garcia Elementary School, Bronze
· Lorenzo De Zavala Special Emphasis School, Bronze
· Meadowbrook Elementary School, Bronze
· Moses Menger Elementary School, Silver
· Oak Park Special Emphasis School, Bronze
· Paul R. Haas Middle School, Bronze
· Sam Houston Elementary School, Bronze
· T. G. Allen Elementary School, Bronze
· Veterans Memorial High School, Bronze
· W. B. Ray High School, Bronze
· William B. Travis Elementary School, Gold
· William C. Calk Elementary School, Bronze
· Woodlawn Elementary School, Silver
Reading on your phone? It's better with the app. Download the KRIS 6 News Mobile App for iOS/iPhone here and for Android here.