Quantcast

Woman claims she found a needle inside Wendy's Restaurant - KZTV10.com | Continuous News Coverage | Corpus Christi

Woman claims she found a needle inside Wendy's Restaurant

Posted: Updated:
CORPUS CHRISTI -

A needle found inside the bathroom of a fast food restaurant has one mom outraged. 

Brenda Crawley has filed a complaint with the Health Department and Wendy's Corporation after she claims, she found a needle inside the woman's bathroom at the Wendy's Restaurant on Ayers and Horne, Monday night. 

"When I walked in, there was a syringe, open and exposed on the sink, I immediately freaked out," said Crawley. When she told an employee, Crawley claims she felt ignored. "She said okay, and she just went to the next customer, and said, can I take your order? And that's when I flipped out, I said there is no way you did that, you need to address it now, and she said, manager to the front."

Crawley says, she then went through the drive-thru to finish her order and told a second employee about the needle. The concerned parent then took to Facebook to vent about her frustration. 

The news came as a shock for many when they saw the picture of the needle on the sink. "Can you imagine what would happen if someone sent their little one in there alone," one Facebook user commented on the picture. 

Over the phone, the Health Department confirmed a complaint was filed by Crawley. We are told, they visited the location and will follow up with the general manager. Health officials say, the needle incident was reported to a new employee and that the shift manager disposed of the needle. 

Wendy's also replied with the following statement, 

"Nothing is more important to us than the safety of our employees and our customers. This is a very unusual situation, and we regret that this customer had a negative experience in this restaurant. However, Wendy's has very specific protocols and training around all aspects of restaurant cleanliness and safety.  The customer alerted an employee to the situation, who in turn alerted the restaurant manager.  It appears that the restaurant manager addressed the situation immediately and appropriately, which has also been confirmed by the local health department."

Powered by Frankly

© KZTV10.com 2017, KZTV10.com
A CORDILLERA COMMUNICATIONS Station
All rights reserved
Privacy Policy, | Terms of Service, and Ad Choices

Can't find something?